Event Small Firms Roundtable - Hiring Your First Employee
Construction is booming, projects are everywhere. Sole proprietors are taking on numerous and larger projects. There has been a lot of chatter about how and when to hire your first employee. This month, Burton Baldridge, AIA, joins our group to lead a discussion on hiring employees. Burton will be discussing:
- How do you know it's the right time to hire?
- What are the best avenues to recruit talent?
- Should you hire a recent graduate or an experienced architect?
- Attributes to look for in a potential employee
- Thoughts on training a new employee
- How to manage turn over and know when it's the right time to let someone go
- What benefits are attractive to employees?
Bring a lunch and some questions.
Participants will earn 1 LU.
Please purchase tickets for CEU credit below
RSVP without CEU credit
Members of AIA Austin small firms' committee (generally characterized as having 10 or fewer employees, designing small to medium projects) meet monthly to learn and discuss architectural practice and continually reach out to a diverse community of emerging small firms owners.
The committee meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 11:45am.
2017 Committee Chairs:
Davey McEathron, AIA
Joel Nolan, AIA