⟵ Architectural Intern
13/07/2017 (2 weeks)
hatch + ulland owen architects is searching for a qualified and experienced Architectural Intern to expand our dynamic and creative staff. If you possess excellent graphic and communication skills and are a positive, professional team player with experience in all phases of practice, we want to talk to you. Candidates must possess ability to guide and maintain quality and client-satisfaction across projects from inception to delivery.
We are a multi-disciplined, commercial and residential firm, specializing in community-minded projects locally, across Texas and beyond. Our office is located in downtown Austin, Texas.
Competitive salary based on experience, as well as a great benefits package.
- 5 year Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree.
- 2 - 4 years of work experience, including project management.
- Experience with Commercial and MultiFamily projects.
- Working knowledge/proficiency of AutoCAD (Architectural Desktop preferred), SketchUp and Photoshop.
While reporting to the Principal-in-Charge (P-I-C) and / or the Project Manager of the projects with which you will be assisting, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the PIC/PM with development of contracts and architectural budgets.
- Creating/maintaining the design/production schedule of architectural scope of work and coordination with consulting engineers.
- Assisting the PIC/PM with overall project design, code compliance and detailing efforts.
- Assisting with the graphic presentation and rendering deliverables.
- Contributing to the production efforts.
- Help assess the continual assessment of the progress of the project and help determine whether the project is on time and on budget as related to the contract. Be proactive in making changes as necessary to steer the project on course.
- Helping to determine when Additional Services are necessary and generating Additional Services Requests.
- Assisting in the monthly billing efforts and providing project narratives and determining the monthly billing per project.